Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do they decide credit limits for your first credit card?

I just applied for my first credit card ever yesterday, and I am hoping to get a credit limit of at least $1,500. I have no credit history whatsoever, I don't have to make a house payment, no dependents, and I make $12.10 an hour working 35-40 hours a week. Would all those factors contribute to a higher or lower credit limit, and do you think I'd be eligible for the $1,500 limit?|||Every creditor is different. They look at your history and capacity to pay.





If you don't get what you want, use it for 6 months and pay it off every month, then call customer service and ask for a line increase. Keep asking every 6 - 12 months.|||well dude, if you have no credit estiblished you're probably not going to see the limit you are looking for. you may even have problems getting approved, especially in the middle of a credit crisis. lenders are holding on to their money to those who have a very strong history of great credit. you may have luck with capital one or hsbc or target, but expect a credit limit of around $300-500. Banks just don't want to gamble much on someone who has no history to judge on.





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment