Monday, December 12, 2011

How to apply for credit card without credit history?

Hi All,





How can an unemployed house wife without credit history apply for a credit card, so that she can start building credit? Her husband supports the family. Please recommend any credit card products in this category.





Thank you.|||The best way is to get one through your bank. I got my first credit card when I was 18 and opened up a checking and savings account with Chase. Upon opening the account, Chase offered me a $500 credit card and I accepted it. And it was NOT a secured card (I didn't have to pay an annual or monthly fee).|||Does your husband have a credit card?


Ask him to make you a joint holder on the account.





Note: If he carries balances on his credit card do not consider this option.


Carrying balances is an easy way to destroy those credit scores.


Only if he pays the balance in full each month, should you do this.


After two years, you will have established credit and can get a card on your own using his salary|||Try getting a credit card with your bank. May have to be a secured credit card though.

No comments:

Post a Comment