Saturday, December 17, 2011

What credit card companies are best for little to no credit?

I've had a credit card and I'm trying to see which companies are more flexable with first time userswho have little to no credit. Capitol One declined me. Any others?|||If you are under 21, you're probably not going to be able to find an unsecured credit card anywhere without a co-signer or guaranteed source of income (and in some cases, even if you have a job, the issuer may request a co-signer).





Otherwise, try Household Bank or Orchard Bank or go to your own bank and see if they offer a secured credit card (one that is guaranteed by funds you deposit in a savings account). If your bank doesn't offer them, Bank of America and Wells Fargo have them.





Also be aware that each "hard pull" on your credit report will lower your credit score. A hard pull occurs every time you apply for a credit card or a loan.|||I had a very hard time getting started in the world of credit. At 25, the only things showing up in my records were unpaid medical bills and student loans. (Medical bills were supposed to be paid by insurance. Student loans had not gone into repayment yet.)





I caught my first break with PayPal Buyer Credit.





A few months later I was approved for an Visa card through Amazon.com .





You might try those two places. Although, I have to say - I did have accounts in good standing with both of these companies for a few years before applying for a card. (I paid them with the debit card I got through my bank.)|||Capital one has a lot of cards for people with no credit. Discover has a student card..

No comments:

Post a Comment