Saturday, December 17, 2011

How much will getting a new credit card affect my credit score?

I've got excellent credit (3 cards) and pay my bills in full, including a small car payment and a mortgage. I am considering refinancing the mortgage.





I just got an offer from Delta for their credit card, which would have no annual fee in year one and would give me 40,000 air miles. I would like to accept the miles offer because it's the most miles I could get quickly, but I wouldn't take it if it would adversely affect the possibility of refinancing in the next few months.





Thanks for your insight.|||OK first of all lets clear up some misconceptions because obviously some people did not read your question and understand what you said.





The largest part of your score is not your debt to credit ratio 30% it's your payment history 35% and if what you say is true that you pay your bills in full that means having additional credit will not help you because your debt to credit ratio is near 0% now and your payment history should be outstanding.





So having just refinanced my home and also having very strong credit I would offer the advice that my banks loan officer gave me. Wait until after your refinance is completed and then sign up for the Delta card.|||The way the economy is going I would wait a couple of months|||Do not take on any new credit before you get the property refinanced. If you are eligible for the refinancing now the last thing you want to do is change your credit rating.|||I agree with others here|||I'm not sure exactly, but this site has a lot of answers listed for common questions: http://www.productsupplycenter.com/web24鈥?/a> It's helped me raise my credit score so much in the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment