Saturday, December 17, 2011

What is the best credit card to build credit upon?

I just turned eighteen so I never had a credit card before. I'm pretty ignorant in this area so I have no idea which card to apply for! Are there any cards that do not require a lot of fees?


Thanks.|||You have to check around but there are banks and credit unions with no fee cards. And if you want to build a good credit rating, use it sparingly so that you can pay it off monthly. Not carrying a balance will save you a bunch of money as interest is not charged on charges if they are not carried over. In other if the balance is paid off each month there are no interest charges and you still build a good credit rating.|||A lot of cards don't charge you annual fee. I like my chase card from amazon.com They give me 1% rebate everytime I shop and send me 25$ gift certificate after I spent that dolloar amount. However, I'm not sure if your credit is good enough to apply for it since you just turned 18. If you can't get it, try to apply one at those boothes in the school campus. Most of them can waive the fee for you but you'll need to ask.|||I recommend First Premier Visa / MasterCard or the Orchard Bank MasterCard. These cards are well known programs to rebuild credit. You can find them at http://www.creditfast.com|||Get a student one, because you most likely wont get approved for anything else. Almost all have no annual fees now, so thats not a big issue. Best card to start on is one you will monitor with your life and never send in a late payment for. Use it sparingly, only when needed or for small purchases and pay off the entire balance every month and ON TIME.|||You might want to try no history credit card


http://bestcreditcardratings.com/no-cred鈥?/a>


Also, you want to go for cards with rewards such as cash backs.


http://bestcreditcardratings.com/cash-ba鈥?/a>


All the best to you.|||I completely agree with M K. I have both the Orchard Bank Mastercard AND the First Premier Visa. They are excellent credit cards in order to build credit. When I started I had a credit score of maybe a 520-530. I'm now at a 733.

No comments:

Post a Comment