Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the best credit card for a first time user?

I've never had a credit card before, just turned 25 this year and was wondering what credit card is the best to use "not saying I will get one" Just doing some research on which ones are the best and which to stay away from. Thanks for any help.|||I would have to say find one that has lowest APR. Since this is your first credit card you might have problem to get one at first. Not sure how your credit is. When i was in your place i used this website to get my credit card with low APR.





www.getcreditoffer.com





Hope this helps.|||They are all fairly equal as long as you pay them off each month. I opt for the card with cash back. My APR is high because of the feature (12.95%), but APR doesn't really matter to me.


Discover has a weird setup on their APR. It is some dual billing on their APR. It seemed fishy so I went with CITI Card. They put your picture on the card for free and everything.


Don't be like 50% of dumb americans and carry a balance!|||hi, i dont have a credit card right now but i will soon, and i would go with wamu ( that is now Chase ), they have really good support.|||Be sure to get one with a low interest rate and a low credit limit.|||Shop around with a site like www.bankrate.com to try and find a low interest rate, that rate is going to be based on your credit score, the higher you have the lower your rate will be but having the card will also help and using it wisely will help boost your score.





For a first time user I recommend keeping a low credit line and if its rather high try asking if you can lower it. My very first card at age 19 was with a $300 credit limit and it went to $600 after 3 months. I'd stay low until you get used to using it responsibly.





Losing your job and having to pay $300-600 + interest is a whole lot better than having $10,000 + interest to pay. And remember, pay your balances in full!|||I got my first credit card with Citi bank. It didn't have a high limit but I didn't have any credit at that time either. The APR was good and they offer introductory rates and good balance transfer rates if you have any other bills such as a car note that you would like to pay off. Also, since I was young and didn't understand that much about credit, I ended up skipping like 4 payments in a row. They never reported me to the credit bureau which ultimately saved my credit score in the long run.|||I hope this link will be helpful to you to decide on the first card - http://www.bills.com/no-credit-credit-ca鈥?/a>|||If you are just entering the world of credit cards, there is important information you will need to know in order to manage your credit and your finances effectively. Establishing good habits and a good credit history now is the foundation for a solid financial future. Applying for a credit card in your own name can help you establish a sound credit history and will be a valuable asset in applying for a loan for a home, new car, or getting a new job or apartment. In addition, there is no safer way to make purchases online or over the phone than with a credit card.|||My first credit card was Discover. I hate the card... so don't get it. But it was the only big company willing to offer me a card because I had no credit. I would say, just pick one and make sure you pay on time, every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment